LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
To register your kayak online please fill out the form by clicking on the link (https://malibukayaks.com/kayak-registration/), then hit submit. Malibu Kayaks warrants as a limited lifetime warranty, the kayak purchased is to be free of manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty is effective as long as there is proof of purchase from an authorized Malibu Kayaks dealer and it only applies to the original owner. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Malibu Kayaks reserves the right to choose the final warranty resolution. Option to repair or replace parts of a given kayak is determined against damages and in the discretion of Malibu Kayaks. Labor and Shipping cost is not included in warranty. Some exclusions may apply.
This warranty is valid only in the U.S.A. Malibu Kayaks is not liable for any injury or damage to person or property sustained as a result of the use of kayaks manufactured by Malibu Kayaks. The user of any such kayak acknowledges and assumes any and all risk associated with the use of such kayak including death, waives any and all claims against Malibu Kayaks, its agents and assigns. Malibu Kayaks reserves the right to change its products without notice while not incorporating those changes into completed and purchased products in the possession of dealers or consumers.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- Normal wear and discoloration.
- Damage caused by abuse or failure to perform normal maintenance.
- Damage caused by hitting submerged objects or beaching.
- Damage caused by mooring or storing kayak in the water.
- Damage caused by improperly supporting kayak when transporting or storing.
- Weather related damage, such as freezing, prolonged sun exposure, or high winds.
- Damage caused by alterations or modifications.
- Transportation of kayak to its dealers.
- Damage due to failure of following procedures and instructions provided.
- Any boat used for rental or in commercial service of any kind.
- Kayaks purchased from an unauthorized dealer or consumer resale.
- Factory 2nds (Kayaks purchased as a blem).
- Any other consequential damage, incidental damages or incidental expense, including damage to property. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.
STEPS TO EXPEDITE CLAIM
In the unlikely event that your kayak has any manufacturing defects, photos, proof of purchase and description of your claim are required. All warranty claims are subject to any exclusion and in lieu of provided evidence decided upon the discretion of Malibu Kayaks.